Get 7SIGNAL alarms sent to a Slack or Teams channel with these simple instructions.
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps to create a new app and name it 7SIGNAL Alarms.
- Once created, click to add the ‘Incoming Webhooks’ functionality.
- On the Incoming Webhooks configuration page…
- ‘Activate’ the feature by clicking the toggle switch.
- Then click ‘Add New Webhook to Workspace’ to continue.
- If you are logged into Slack, you will be directed to your workspace
- Now choose the #channel where you want the alarms to appear.
- Navigate to the channel where you want to add the webhook and select (•••) More Options from the top navigation bar.
- Choose Connectors from the drop-down menu and search for Incoming Webhook.
- Select the Configure button and provide a name.
- The dialog window will present a unique URL that will map to the channel. Make sure that you copy and save the URL—you will need to input it into the Sapphire Configurator (see below).
- Select the Done button. The webhook will be available in the team channel.
- Copy the Webhook URL from Slack or Teams
- Then, login to the 7SIGNAL Configurator and go to…
- Manage > Alarms > Webhook Forwarding
- Right-click on ‘Webhook configurations’ and select ‘Add alarm webhook configuration’
- Type in a name for the configuration then paste the Webhook URL in the field provided.
- Check the ‘Slack webhook’ box to activate
- Check the alarm states for which you want messages
- Check the alarms you want to receive from the list
- Click the ‘Test’ button, then ‘Save’ button
- Go to your Slack channel to ensure you have received the message from 7SIGNAL.