Retail Travel Giant Deploys 7SIGNAL Wireless Network Monitoring Solutions
The large independent travel retailer required more visibility into Wi-Fi performance to sustain mission-critical connections
- Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s largest independent travel retailers, required an effective Wi-Fi monitoring solution to stay connected.
- Common issues for offices include interference, insufficient throughput, lack of visibility, application-specific demands, and too many devices trying to connect.
- 7SIGNAL’s Sapphire Eye® and Mobile Eye® are being deployed to help Flight Centre keep operations moving without connectivity disruptions.
Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s largest, most successful independent travel retailers, has experienced some Wi-Fi issues that are common in office settings. And the company has performance needs that are unique to global organizations—it has more than 1,300 stores around the world, spanning the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the US, Canada, and elsewhere.
Flight Centre Travel Group prides itself on providing stress-free booking experiences to customers through its friendly travel consultants and provision of exceptional value. The company makes it easier to book travel, so people don't have to spend hours searching the web to find a good deal.
This level of service requires excellent Wi-Fi to keep business moving and ensure customers are never disappointed due to technical disruptions. That’s why Flight Centre is implementing 7SIGNAL’s Mobile Eye® and Sapphire Eye® wireless network monitoring platforms.
The company has initially deployed Mobile Eye on Windows laptops in its London offices, with plans to expand to other locations globally as these solutions deliver new insights and visibility.
Common Wi-Fi issues for offices and mission-critical tasks
Enterprise WLANs face numerous problems that can impair productivity, including:
- Interference due to the proximity of other Wi-Fi networks on different floors of large buildings.
- Insufficient throughput to support bandwidth-intensive applications, including VoIP platforms and video streaming.
- Lack of onsite IT management staff and troubleshooting in remote locations.
- Many IoT devices entering and exiting coverage areas and fighting for connections.
- Lack of visibility into the end-user, client-level experience—not just the performance of the network infrastructure.
Large companies with multiple stores and offices depend on strong connections that enable collaboration. Widespread operations must have a reliable network so that data transfers are instant, communications are seamless, and cloud-collaboration tools update in real-time.
But it’s impossible to address WLAN problems without knowing precisely what’s causing them—which is where wireless network monitoring becomes invaluable.
How 7SIGNAL keeps offices moving
7SIGNAL’s platform allows enterprises like Flight Centre Travel Group to maintain strong, reliable Wi-Fi. Mobile Eye is deployed on mobile equipment to monitor exactly how devices and applications experience connections, while Sapphire Eye sensors provide granular visibility of the onsite WLAN and the clients that access it.
An outside-in approach continuously examines how clients, applications, and the network perform, not just the wireless infrastructure. This visibility allows managers to see the root cause of an issue so it can be addressed faster—often proactively.
Sapphire Eye reduces mean time to resolution and integrates easily with AI-based and other company platforms. Mobile Eye installs on any device using macOS, Android, Windows, or Linux operating systems.
7SIGNAL’s solutions ensure that Wi-Fi remains strong and consistent, supporting the operational tasks critical to global enterprises.
7SIGNAL® is the leader in wireless experience monitoring, providing insight into wireless networks and control over Wi-Fi performance so businesses and organizations can thrive. Our cloud-based wireless network monitoring platform continually tests and measures Wi-Fi performance at the edges of the network, enabling fast solutions to digital experience issues and stronger connections for mission-critical users, devices, and applications. Learn more at www.7signal.com.